Attention Sellers: Tips & Tricks To Sell Your Home
Once you have made the decision to sell there are several ways to make your house more sell-able and in return receive a top dollar offer. Here are some basic tips for preparing your home for showings:
- Tidy your yard. Trimming bushes, cutting grass, clearing weeds and adding a dew pots of brightly colored flowers can make your house so much more inviting.
- Make sure your front patio and door are fresh and clean looking. Sweep area and repaint front door if necessary.
- Get rid of clutter. Move unnecessary furniture into storage or into the garage and store out-of-season clothing. Clearing out spaces in rooms and closets can make your home appear larger.
- Make minor repairs that can make a bad impression. Items such as torn screens, leaky faucets and drywall cracks can scare away a potential buyer. Also remember to replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- Make sure the house smells fresh and clean. Open a few windows, clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate odors, and consider soft candles or air fresheners to give an inviting scent.
- Keep home in exceptionally clean condition. Make sure all windows and blinds are clean, and all switch plates, doors and moldings are extra clean.
We hope these tips have been helpful to you. When visiting your home, our agents may share additional ideas that will help you prepare for showing your home and receiving top dollar.Back to All Posts